There are various benefits of tulsi in our lives. Despite being commonly found in our houses, many of us are still unaware of the advantages we can perceive from this plant.
In our ancient texts, you will find numerous uses of tulsi in the daily lives of people. From worshipping this plant to using it as a medicine, the benefits of tulsi were not a secret to the earlier generation.
But know the secret are revealed to you as well. We have mentioned 5 benefits of tulsi and the different uses of tulsi that will make your life healthy and stress-free. It is important to note that, if you are a woman who is conceiving a child in your womb, avoid consuming tulsi. Other than this, every person should use tulsi in your diet.
Starting with the most serious concern in our society, “Diabetes” and their cure with the help of tulsi.
— हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए भारतीय ध्वज पर क्लिक करें|
Benefits of Tulsi and Uses of Tulsi
1. Benefit of Tulsi for Diabetes
There are about 72.96 million cases of diabetes in the adult population of India. We all are putting every bit of effort to cure it or else to avoid it. In those efforts, you can also use tulsi for better results.
Along with the prescribed medicine, we also recommend you to add tulsi in your diet. It contains hypoglycemic properties, which will help to lower your blood sugar levels.
You will see that within 90 days that there is a drop in your blood sugar levels, once you start using tulsi leaves for diabetes.
Uses of tulsi to cure diabetes
- Most commonly, chew 3-4 Tulsi leaves every day. It will extract every beneficial property and positively help your body.
- You can also add the leaves in your cooking. It won’t affect the taste and will help you in fighting diabetes.
- You can boil the leaves along with black pepper and ginger to make tea. Avoid milk so it will also help cut fat.
- Soak the leaves in water overnight and drink it first thing in the morning.
2. Benefits of Tulsi for Joint pains and arthritis
Benefits of Holy Basil are still unknown in most of the world. Like this one. As the plant contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory elements, it helps in fighting joint pain.
Moreover, the plant is a stress buster as it regulates the flow of stress hormones of your body. If you are suffering from problems like Arthritis, Tulsi can be useful to you.
Uses of tulsi to cure joint pains and Arthritis
- Drinking tulsi tea can be helpful for a patient suffering from joint pain and Arthritis.
- Secondly, you can also use Tulsi oil to massage your joints. It will prove very useful and relive you with pain in a short period
3. Benefit of Tulsi for digestion
Tulsi is very beneficial for your digestion system. As many scholars have agreed that, human health is dependent on the food he or she consumes. In addition to that, your digestion system must be adequate to break your food into energy.
To improve your digestion, you must consider the benefits that this plant brings. In the leaves of tulsi, eugenol is present, which improves your digestion.
Moreover, tulsi also maintains a fair pH balance of your body by controlling the acidic releases in your stomach. Hence, if you suffer from regular belly burn and urinal burn, you can use tulsi to cure it.
Uses of Tulsi for digestion
The best way to use Tulsi for digestion is moderately simple. Firstly, take dry tulsi leaves powder. Secondly, you need to add this to ghee or honey. Mix them well and consume one spoon a day.
4. Benefits of Tulsi for throat infection and ulcer
If you or anyone is suffering from a throat infection, mouth infection or ulcer, you can use Basil to cure it. Even if you are having trouble in the respiratory system, tulsi is a cure to your problem.
It is due to the presence of anti-bacterial and anti-infection properties. These help to fight the flu, cough, respiratory disorder and throat infection.
It also manages to balance your blood pressure and controls your stress hormones which will result in better sleep, while fighting against bacteria’s and infections.
Uses of tulsi to cure throat infection and ulcer
To fight against bacterias and infection, you can make a Tulsi tea. To prepare this, boil tulsi leaves or flowers, along with black pepper, black salt, ginger and honey. Strain the water and drink it while it is warm.
5. Benefit Tulsi for Skin Care
You must take care of your skin, especially in today’s world where pollution is increasing day by day. From your sculpt to your toe, your skin requires attention.
Holy Basil/Tulsi can be very valuable in your skincare routine. It is due to the antioxidants present in it, as they open the pores to let your skin breath easily.
Along with that, Holy basil also kills acne bacteria’s and helps in skin recovery. It gives your skin a better treatment and causes no side effects.
Uses of tulsi for skincare
- For your sculpt, add dry tulsi leaves in any oil that you use. Massage it well and leave it overnight. It will remove dandruff and improve the strength of the hair.
- For glowing skin, you can regularly drink Tulsi tea which will cleanse your blood and increase the oxygen in them.
- You can apply a paste made of sandalwood (Chandan), rose water and tulsi. Just mix them well and apply it on your face. Leave it for 20 mins and wash it off with clean, cold water.
Now, as you have read these benefits of tulsi and the uses of tulsi, we would also like to motivate you to grow this plant in your house. They are easy to grow, need the comparatively lesser hustle and serve the greater good to your health and nature.
If you have any query regarding the Tulsi and its uses, comment down below. Also, share this article to your loved ones to ensure their good health.